May 26, 2013
Aug 01 - Jack and Caron Webb
A copy of the Root 52 prayer guide for this state can be found by Clicking Here
New Mexico has been declared “The Supernatural State.” We are moving from the “Land of Enchantment” to the “Land of Encampment” where the glory and presence of God dwells. As believers, we are in agreement that God’s destiny and Kingdom purpose for the state of New Mexico will be fulfilled here on earth even as it is in heaven.
New Mexico Week of Prayer
Monday and Tuesday, August 20 - 21, 2012: Business and Economy
1. New Mexico has the 3rd highest poverty level in the nation, following Mississippi and Louisiana. Pray that a spirit of poverty be broken over our state.
2. New Mexico is in severe drought, drastically affecting our agriculture. Pray that God will release “soaking” rains into our atmosphere and extend our “monsoon” season beyond its normal boundaries.
3. Government jobs outnumber private sector jobs. Too much government tends to poverty! Pray for small business opportunities to open up and for private sector jobs to increase and prosper.
4. The real estate market is flat. Pray for a resurgence of all aspects of the real estate and home construction market.
5. New Mexico jobless rate is 9%. Pray for businesses and employers to prosper and open doors for those needing employment.
Wednesday and Thursday, August 22 - 23, 2012: Government
1. Pray for our governor, Susanna Martinez (R), a godly woman and one guided by moral principles. Pray that her influence and her voice over our state will increase and that her wisdom will be received, not rejected.
2. Pray for our one U.S. Senate seat that will be filled in November. Pray that this seat will be filled by the candidate who will most likely uphold practical, biblical values.
3. Corruption is rampant in our state government. Pray that “cronyism” and “liberal entitlement mentality” be broken over our government officials and a standard of righteousness raised in the midst of corruption and perversion.
Friday and Saturday, August 24 - 25, 2012: Marriage and Family
1. Divorce in New Mexico is declining! Let’s give thanks to God for this vital turn-around in our families!
2. Albuquerque rates as one of the top ten cities in our nation for child hunger. Much of this is due to the illegal immigrant population who do not ask for assistance for fear of being returned to Mexico. Pray that the body of Christ will arise with compassion and begin to meet the needs of these “hidden” ones.
Sunday, August 26, 2012: Ekklesia
1. There is a very strong independent spirit among church congregations which keep at arms’ distance from one another. Pray that a spirit of competition will be broken and a spirit of unity will arise among believers. Pray that we will extend the Kingdom with one heart and one voice.
2. Pray for awakening and repentance in each of our lives.
3. Pray that God will raise up a mighty army of young people who will fearlessly declare His intents and purposes in the earth.
Top State Issues
1. Corruption in Government
Pray that evil deeds done in darkness will be exposed and dealt with severely.
2. Border and immigration issues
Pray that all illegal drug, sex, and weapon trafficking be HALTED, in the name of Jesus. Pray for protection of our law enforcement officers who confront violence on a daily basis.
3. Healing of First Nations Peoples
Pray that God will personally reveal Himself to them through dreams and visions. Pray that the “church” would repent for past and present sins committed “in the name of Christ.” Pray that they be restored to Kingdom purpose and destiny and be able to fulfill all that God has in His heart for them to accomplish.
General Election: November 6, 2012
We will be electing one U. S. Senator this November. Senator Jeff Bingaman (D) has decided to retire. The candidates are Heather Wilson (R) and Martin Heinrich (D). Heather Wilson is a conservative candidate that will maintain a strong presence in Washington for family values, conservative spending, and restrictive governmental intrusion into individual and state affairs.
New Mexico will be electing three Representatives for the House of Representatives.
For detailed information on candidates and ballot issues, please click here.
Five statewide ballot questions have been certified for the November 6, 2012 ballot in the state of New Mexico. All below information is derived from www.ballotpedia.org.
1. Judicial Standards Amendment
- Adds two members to the Judicial Standards Commission.
2. Public Defender Office Amendment
- Would make the office separate from the state government.
3. Commissioner Qualifications Amendment
- Raises the qualifications required to be public regulation commissioner.
4. Corporate Chartering Amendment
- Removes the chartering of corporations from the PRC to the secretary of state.
5. Insurance Division Amendment
- Would remove insurance division from PRC.
Current Elected Officials
To view a list of current elected officials, please visit this webpage.
1. Pray protection, wisdom, and favor over all of New Mexico’s elected officials as they govern the state. (1 Timothy 2:1-2)
2. Pray for the families of the elected officials in New Mexico, and ask the Lord to strengthen their relationships. (Ephesians 4:2-3)
3. For officials who aren’t Christ followers, pray that the Lord would reveal Himself and His love to them, and cause them to seek His face. (1 Timothy 2:3-4)
4. Pray for all possible corruption within the hearts of these political leaders to be exposed, with subsequent repentance and reconciliation to their Creator. (Romans 8:21)
5. Pray for these leaders to see the value in biblical principles and lead from a biblical worldview. (Proverbs 28:2)
To download this prayer guide as a PDF document, please click on the downloadable resource below.