May 25, 2013
Jun 27 - Shirley Wheaton-Spann
A copy of the Root 52 prayer guide for this state can be found by Clicking Here
Chuck Pierce in 2004 gave a prophetic word for Nevada:
This State will be known for transformation. A healing move of God will make national news . . . it will come to this city (Las Vegas) and last a full 180 days. There is life that is coming to this state that is going to shock the Nation . . . gifts of healing are coming to Nevada . . . working of miracles . . . There is a level of discerning of spirits that is very unusual . . . that is going to bring a high level of deliverance. You will speak the word and demons will go instantly. Prodigals will come home . . . I see people being delivered of broken hearts . . . I am going to stop suicides.
Influence in Government
Out from this desert there is something that’s going to happen that is going to begin to change and shift the government of this land. I prophesy and say over this state that you are an influencing state.
Change of Fame
And where you’ve been known for one thing in the past and you are known for that reproach worldwide, you will be known for putting on another garment. And you will radiate. And you will cause not only the enemy to be blinded, but you will cause many to be drawn to that light.
Dutch Sheet - 2004
Raising the Dead
I saw an incredible move of the supernatural into this region through the river of God, and it was going to heal . . . and bring resurrection life and salvation. It is a literal miracle anointing that is coming to this region. The literal dead will be raised in this state. It will happen in ways that grip people. They will know about it. It won’t just be the kind of thing behind the scenes.
Extraordinary Signs and Wonders
Signs and wonders of an extraordinary magnitude are coming to this region . . . extraordinary miracles that are going to get the attention of the world . . . [God says] I have My own lights . . . I have My own glitz . . . I have My own ways to get the attention of the world and I am coming to draw them to My light.
Release of Great Wealth / Healing
It will be heard of throughout the whole nation . . . something is happening in this region that is going to release billions of dollars for the harvest and for the kingdom of God . . . across the nation, works of God will be funded because something was broken in the heavenlies over Nevada . . . The watering hole in Las Vegas will be cleansed . . . the nations will be healed from Nevada, from Las Vegas because there is a pure river that flows from this place.
Nevada Week of Prayer
We will be holding Nevada’s week of prayer from July 30 - August 5, 2012.
Monday and Tuesday: Business/Economy
- Pray the PUC (Public Utility Commission of Nevada) would create fair policies that are friendly to businesses.
- Pray that Light would expose the deeds done in darkness concerning the commissions policies that are closing local businesses.
- Pray for the 540 Political Action Committees affecting Nevada’s political process through financial streams. Pray for righteousness to prevail and the financial streams to be increased for those who promote righteousness and truth in the political process.
- Pray the Democrats’ stronghold over Southern Nevada would be broken, and morality and integrity would be restored in the business community
- Pray the territorial spirit that builds walls and obstacles around the business community would be broken and a spirit of unity would be established.
- Pray for employment and businesses to continue to rebound. We are currently at 11% unemployment.
Wednesday and Thursday: Government
- We are praying for the manifestation of the words that have been spoken over our state. It’s with this desire that we continue to lift up those who are in authority over us and pray that we may live peaceful lives. We ask for the nation’s prayers in lifting up our state government, families and businesses and the body of Christ who are finding creative ways to bring about God’s desire for this state.
- Pray for Governor Brian Sandoval who has shown great leadership during his term in office, for wisdom to govern our state and protection for him and his family.
- Pray for Ross Miller’s leadership and discernment as the President of the National Association of Secretaries of State for 2012. Pray for his ability under great pressure to maintain integrity in his position.
- Pray for the Election Integrity Task Force, whose sole mission is maintaining the sanctity of our elections. Pray for the men and women tasked with this job to be no respecter of persons and to execute their duties with integrity. Pray for any corrupt practices that may be present be exposed and brought to justice.
- Pray for wisdom for Nevada Silver Haired Legislative Forum. They are 26 bi-partisan seniors who gather to discuss and draft legislative reports on the even-numbered legislative sessions. Pray they would have a voice of reason in their recommendations to the legislature.
- Pray for Las Vegas Redistricting which is now a judicial matter. Pray the judge’s decision will be fair and equitable for Nevada and not create further division in the cities.
Friday and Saturday: Family
- Pray Nevada citizens and legislators will recognize the great harm to families caused by placing adult services magazine racks on street corners in residential areas and reject expanding resort corridor status for residential intersections in neighborhoods. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqySnZwzsAU
- Pray Nevada would no longer be listed in the top 10 hubs for human trafficking and prostitution. Pray for those trapped in darkness to be released and those preying on the innocent to be held accountable for their actions.
- Pray for new strategies and new ideas to create income streams for families struggling in this economy. Pray for light to make manifest every strategy causing hardship and lack for Nevada families.
- Thank the Lord for wholesome, good entertainment to play in Las Vegas that families would be restored
- Pray the lure of gambling and alcohol will no longer have the power of destruction over families and those in the body of Christ would be released and delivered from destructive behaviors.
- Praise God for intercessors that completed 1,412 miles in 3 days traveling through 14 of the 16 counties in our state. They accomplished the mission of divorcing Baal, staking lands and planting precious stones.
- Pray for the connections of the intercessors in each county to create a prayer network for Nevada.
- Praise God for C.P.R. (Capitol Prayer Room). We are thankful for excess, access and breakthrough we’ve obtained in having a permanent prayer room in the capitol. Pray for intercessors to be released to commit to go and pray.
- Pray for the church body’s eyes to be opened to see the true state of the church and to seek the Lord for wisdom of how to accomplish His will for Nevada.
- Pray for a fresh wind of the Spirit to arouse the church to her place to occupy until Christ returns.
- Pray we will no longer compromise the standard God has set in establishing His kingdom here on earth as it is in Heaven.
Top State Issues
1) Yucca Mountain nuclear waste storage facility - the court ruling on June 8, 2012 may prompt new debate over Yucca Mountain, which was terminated by President Obama in 2009 at the urging of Sen. Harry Reid, D-Nev. Pray that the decisions made are long term solutions for our state and that politics would not be used to buy votes and time to get into office.
2) Las Vegas is considered one of the top ten human trafficking locations in the world due to its 24 hours of entertainment, bright lights, and gambling. Pray that the cleanup effort is effective in removing pornographic material from the streets that promote trafficking, prostitution and sex offenders.
3) Pray for Nevada’s immigration policies and the work force, that union leadership won’t take advantage of immigrants without legal status to work in our state. Pray that light would shine on the hidden agendas of the unions, the leadership and if they are receiving unjust gain in their hiring practices.
4) The PUC and NV Energy have authorized the use of Smart Meters on all structures without the ability to opt out. Pray for clarity and wisdom for those having to be affected by the meters.
Republican State Convention May 5, 2012
Democrat State Convention June 9-10, 2012
Primary Election June 12, 2012
Republican National Convention August 27-28, 2012
Democrat National Convention September 3-6, 2012
General Election November 6, 2012
Voters in Nevada will elect one member to the U.S. Senate in the November 6, 2012 elections. The election will fill the Class 1 Senate seat, which is currently held by Dean Heller (R), first appointed to the U.S. Senate in 2010 to fill Sen. John Ensign’s seat.
Currently this race is a toss up between Heller, current incumbent U. S. House Representative Democrat Shelly Berkley and Independent David Lory VanerBeek. According to Open Congress website Shelley Berkley voted with the Democratic Party 90.0% of the time, and David Lory VanderBeek says that he’s a Rocky Mountain boy and is here to help save the Constitution. He is one to watch and might be a Tea Party favorite.
Candidates for the U.S. House of Representatives
Three incumbents are Joe Heck, Mark Amodei and Shelly Berkley; as stated above Berkley is also running to unseat Dean Heller for the U.S. Senate seat.
4th Congressional District
Steven Horsford, Democrat
Danny Tarkanian, Republican
Joseph P. Silvestri, Libertarian
Floyd Fitzgibbons, Independent American Party (He converted from the Presbyterian Church to the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter-Day Saints (Mormon), where he now serves in a leadership position.)
Every seat in the 76th Session (2011) State Assembly is up for re-election; 42 members will be elected. There are 9 incumbents that are not seeking re-election. Please click on this link for 2012 State Assembly candidates. Pray for each of the members to make family values a priority in their campaign and promote a healthy small business community.
There are 12 seats up for re-election in the State Senate, ten Democratic and two Republican seats. Currently Democrats hold the majority in the State Senate. The two seats that are expected to ultimately determine party control are Districts 5 and 6—seats currently held by Democratic incumbents Allison Copening and Shirley Breeden—who are both not seeking re-election. Current candidates for these districts in November will be Joyce Woodhouse, Democrat; Steve Kirk, Republican for District 5 and Benny Yerushalmi, Democrat; Mark Hutchinson, Republican for District 6. Please click on this link for all State Senate candidates and their bios.
The following measures will appear on the ballot in 2012:
Harrah’s Sports Arena Initiative would allow for a 20,000-seat sports arena on the Las Vegas Strip.
Special Tax District Ban Measure would prohibit special tax districts in the state.
Current Elected Officials
Republican Governor Brian Sandoval
Republican Lieut. Governor Brian K. Krolicki
Senate Majority Leader, Democrat Harry Reid
- Pray for each member that is “safe” for now due to their seat not being up for re-election.
- Pray that they become aware of how their actions and votes that affect our lives; in every bill that would come across their desk, pray each member would do their due diligence to do what is right for our state and bring prosperity to the families and businesses in our community.
- Pray their priorities will protect life, support family and uphold religious freedom and liberty.
- Praise God for their faithfulness and ask Him to strengthen each member to accomplish their task as legislative members.
To download this prayer guide as a PDF document, please click on the downloadable resource below.