May 25, 2013
May 28 - Chris and Lorraine Thompson
A copy of the Root 52 prayer guide for this state can be found by Clicking Here
The following are excerpts taken from a prophetic word given by Chad Taylor.
“You are the trumpet of New England! Maine, you are a sounding! You are the alarm clock of New England! Maine you are the sound of awakening! Awake.”
“I prophecy to you Maine - Ten thousand Joshua Chamberlains! Ten thousand warriors that will hold the mountain, that will hold the hill. No retreat! As you were then Maine, you are now! You are the last line of defense. You are the flank of the army. And you will stand your ground in these times of siege and spiritual battle.”
“Prayer Mountain. That is what they will call you, like they did Korea a hundred years ago. They’ll say let’s go to the mountain and pray, there we will find shelter and refuge. We will find the fire of the Lord, for the fire of the Lord is on the mountain.” “And from this place called Maine, will come a clarion call. And will pray the prayer of David.”
Maine Week of Prayer
Pray daily with us during Maine’s week of prayer, May 28 - June 3!
Monday and Tuesday: Business/Economy
• Pray for restoration of integrity in business.
• Pray for capital to flow to godly business owners and leaders with entrepreneurial skills.
• Pray for inventions, creative ideas, and innovations which will create new businesses and provide jobs.
• Pray for the elimination of excessive tax laws and regulations, making Maine a more hospitable environment that will attract new businesses.
• Pray for Christians in business to operate in Godly principles and prosper in order to be able to fund the Kingdom.
• Pray for industry that was lost to other countries to return to the U.S. Pray that Governor LePage’s trip to China, concerning the export of Maine grown products, will be fruitful. For more information please click here.
• Pray for the exploration and implementation of our Nation’s plentiful oil and gas resources to provide new jobs and create energy independence from foreign oil.
Wednesday and Thursday: Government/Military
• Pray for and thank God for Governor Paul LePage and his cabinet, Maine State and U.S. Legislators.
• Pray for the Christian legislators so they may continue to stand for righteousness under the extreme pressures they face daily. Pray they would have favor and boldness as they speak and present godly bills for discussion. Pray for the Christian legislators to write legislation which will overturn oppressive laws and unconstitutional executive orders.
• As we prepare for upcoming elections pray for God’s people to be put in places of Governmental authority. Pray for the removal of ungodly Shebna’s and for righteous Eliakim replacements. (Isaiah 22:12-24)
• Courts- Pray for Judges and Justices to make fair and righteous judgments.Pray for protection over their minds from satanic influence. (Ezekiel 22:12, Amos 5:12, Proverbs 29:4) Pray they will properly interpret the law and our Constitution in making all decisions.
• Pray for all local, State and Federal Governments to honor God and to listen and act with integrity on behalf of the people they represent. When the righteous rule the people rejoice! (Proverbs 29:2)
• Pray for protection of all law enforcement and firefighters as they serve our communities. Pray that all unlawful schemes, terrorist and illegal activities be uncovered and thwarted.
• Pray for the protection of all those serving in our Military at home or abroad. Pray for healing of all those suffering from any war related post traumatic stress syndrome. Pray that Military Chaplains would be allowed to pray in the name of Jesus!
• Pray for the salvation of all those in Government leadership, including Military. Pray for revival and that all loyalties will be to the King of Kings and His Kingdom.
• Pray for Maine to make a choice to stand with Israel
• Pray for the salvation of all those who would promote the gay marriage ballot measure.
Friday and Saturday: Family/Marriage
• Pray for the salvation of all families and that they would have revelation to understand godly covenants.
• Pray for godly marriages to be strengthened and emerge as models in our society. (Ephesians 5)
• Pray that Mainers would continue to uphold the traditional marriage laws as we vote in November, and that we will defeat the gay marriage ballot measure.
• Pray for God to heal broken family relationships and to eliminate domestic violence. Pray for Maine’s families, returning of the hearts of the parents to their children and hearts of children to their parents. (Malachi 4:5-6) Provide loving homes for homeless teenagers. (Isaiah 49:14-16, 24-26)
• Pray to end abortion.
• Pray for God’s love to increase in parents, to have wisdom from God to raise their children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. (Ephesians 6:4)
• Please pray for Unity among God’s people. (Psalm 133, John 17, Ephesians 4:11-16)
• Pray for hunger to increase for the Word of God, for spiritual blindness to be healed through biblical literacy. (Ps.119:105)
• Pray for revival and a return to the two greatest commandments, to love God and love our neighbors.
• Pray for houses of prayer to spring up in every neighborhood and town in Maine, for anointed worship and prayer leaders to function in them and in our Churches. Pray for 24/7 worship/prayer to emerge everywhere. (Isaiah 56:7, Mark 11:17, Psalm 68:1)
• Pray for the prayer networks and groups in our State to connect and communicate with each other and that God would set prophetic intercessors, leaders, and administrators in place. (Ephesians 4:11-16)
• Pray for the establishment of the Governmental foundation, the 5-fold ministry of the Church, to rise up and equip the saints to do the work of the ministry. (Ephesians 4:11-16)
• Pray for a deep love and concern for Israel in our churches, and that we would stand with Israel and repent for any anti-Semitic leanings. (Psalm 122:6-7)
• Pray that the Church would fulfill the great commission,
• Pray for those under the deception of false religions, especially Islam.
• Pray for those caught up in freemasonry especially those in the Church.
Top State Issues
Two gambling referendums that will be on the November ballot.
One asks for approval of a full-fledged casino with slot machines and table games in Lewiston “with part of the profits going to support specific state and local programs.” That vague promise is part of the ballot question but tells voters nothing.
The other calls for a slot machine and harness racing track in Biddeford and another harness racing track in Washington County, again with “part of the profits going to support specific state and local programs.” (1)
Protect Marriage Maine
The Christian Civic League of Maine and the National Organization for Marriage (NOM) announced on April 23rd they have joined forces to form Protect Marriage Maine, and will lead the campaign against the proposed initiative redefining marriage in Maine. The initiative is expected to be on the November 2012 ballot.
A great resource for more information is the Christian Civic League of Maine.
(1) Offer, David B. We can expect referendums until pro-gambling forces win. The Record. 13 September 2011.
Maine Elections: Dates & Deadlines
Presidential Primary Election (Republicans)
Date: February 4-11,2012
Polling Hours: 6:00 AM-9:00 PM
Presidential Primary Election (Democrats)
Date: March 11,2012
Deadline: March 11
Polling Hours: 6:00 AM-9:00 PM
Date: June 12,2012
Deadline: June 12
Polling hours: 6:00 AM-9:00 PM
Deadline: November 6
Polling hours: 6:00 AM-9:00 PM
Check additional information about Maine Elections by clicking here.
Scott D’Amboise, Republican candidate running for U.S. Senate
Deb Plowman, Republican candidate running for U.S. Senate
Blaine Richardson, a Republican candidate running for Maine’s Second Congressional District
Kevin Raye, Republican candidate running for Congress in the 2nd District.
Matt Dunlap, a Demoratic candidate running for U.S. Senate
Charlie Summers, a Republican candidate running for U.S. Senate
John Courtney, a Republian candidate running for the 1st Congressional District seat
For additional information on the candidates please click here.
Current Elected Officials
Governor: Paul R. LePage
Attorney General: William J. Schneider
Secretary of State: Charles E. Summers, Jr.
State Treasurer: Bruce L. Poliquin
State Auditor: Neria Douglass
Majority Leader Jonathan Courtney (R) York County
Assistant Majority Leader: Debra D. Plowman (R) Penobscot County
Minority Leader: Barry J. Hobbins (D) Cumberland County
Assistant Minority Leader: Justin L. Alfond
Speaker of the House: Robert W. Nutting
Majority Floor Leader: Philip A. Curtis (R-Madison)
Assistant Majority Floor Leader: Andre E. Cushing III (R-Hampden)
Minority Floor Leader: Emily Ann Cain (D-Orono)
Click here to see the state legislatures.
Click here to see the State Representatives
Prayer Points for Maine’s Current Elected Officials
-Pray protection, wisdom, and favor over all of Maine’s elected officials as they govern the state. (1 Timothy 2:1-2)
-Pray for the families of the elected officials in Maine, and ask the Lord to strengthen their familial relationships. (Ephesians 4:2-3)
-For officials who aren’t Christ followers, pray that the Lord would reveal Himself and His love to them, and cause them to seek His face. (1 Timothy 2:3-4)
-Pray for all possible corruption within the hearts of these political leaders to be exposed, with subsequent repentance and reconciliation to their Creator. (Romans 8:21)
-Pray for these leaders to see the value in biblical principles, and would lead from a biblical worldview. (Proverbs 28:2)
Chris and Lorraine Thompson
USRPN, Maine Co-coordinators
To download this prayer guide as a PDF document please click on the downloadable resource below.