May 18, 2013
Jul 02 - John Morrow
A copy of the Root 52 prayer guide for this state can be found by Clicking Here
Nebraska is a unique state in that it is the only state to have a unicameral legislature. Theoretically it is “non-partisan”. Terms for elective offices are limited to two successive four -year terms. The State Capitol building has been described as an “Architectural Wonder” by some and as a “Temple of Baal” by others. State government is strongly influenced by the University of Nebraska system and its roots of Secular Humanism and Darwinism. Conversely, there are still strong conservative pioneer roots in the state, particularly in the rural areas.
Prophetic Word Over Nebraska:
Given by Cindy Jacobs - April 17, 2010
And the Lord would say to you, “I am going be exalted for I have given an authority and anointing of majesty to Nebraska.” And the Lord says, “There is going to be a sound of worship that looses My pre-eminence,” says the Lord, “And I am going to release that sound. I’m getting ready to make some massive shifts in Nebraska. I’m going to throw some people out of office. I’m going to put some other people into office. I’m getting ready to shift some things around. I’m getting ready to expose, expose, expose,” says the Lord.
And the Lord says, “Over Nebraska, there is also going to be a sound from the earth, for I am getting ready to release prosperity. There are minerals that have been trapped, but I’m going to release a Cyrus anointing—an Isaiah 45 anointing out of Nebraska. There’s going to be a release of wealth come out of that state.” The Lord says, “Even there will be new deposits found that have been waiting for this season for My people,” says the Lord.
And the Lord says, “Tell the pastors there’s going to be a revival that comes. There will be a great awakening come to Nebraska, and churches that are small and struggling; those, even those small rural churches, and those that have been struggling to build buildings, and those that have been so discouraged.” The Lord says, “Tell them, tell them, men and women of God, I am coming with My fire and the winds of Pentecost. I am coming to give signs in the heavens over Nebraska.”
And the Lord says, “Look and see at the headlines of the paper,” says God, “because I am going to unveil My glory. There’s going to be a dancing of northern lights that is going to be unprecedented,” says God. “It will be miraculous, and it will be a sign. When you see this - the dance of the northern lights in places, you will know I am displaying My majesty and My glory,” says the Lord.
And the Lord says, “Even I’m going to begin to heal the land, ( I don’t know if you have dairy farming, I don’t know what you have there actually) . . . but the dairy farming,” the Lord says, “I’m going to heal. I’m going to bring healing into the agriculture and into the animals. And the trees of the field will clap their hands,” says the Lord. And the Lord says, “I see Satan is trying to put a strangle-hold on the people that are called to produce from the land with regulations that are like oppressive, but I’m going to break the back of the oppressor”, says the Lord, “and I will release My glory.”
Nebraska Week of Prayer
Monday & Tuesday: Business/Economy
1. Pray for any unemployment rate to decrease in Jesus’ name.
2. Pray for local businesses and start-up companies to prosper, which strengthens the private sector.
3. Ask the Lord to expose any deceit or corruption within the Nebraska economic system, particularly in banking and governmental positions.
4. Pray for money to be managed wisely by the state and citizens of Nebraska. Ask the Lord to give a prudent heart to Nebraska in order to avoid over-spending and debt.
5. Pray that the economic system and money-spending in Nebraska would be used for God’s glory. Repent on behalf of Nebraska for funding abortion, homosexual rights, and other anti-Biblical, unrighteous acts.
Wednesday & Thursday: Government
1. Ask the Lord to bless every governmental official in Nebraska. Pray for their families, salvation, finances, and work in their particular sphere.
2. Pray for righteous and just leaders to be elected into office in the 2012 elections.
3. Pray for biblical principles to be established in Nebraska’s political offices.
4. Pray for the members of the U.S. military and their families.
5. Pray protection over the Offutt Airforce Base.
Friday & Saturday: Family/Marriage
1. Pray that families and marriages across the state would be strengthened and enriched by biblical values.
2. Pray for the youth of Nebraska, that they would not be enticed into a world of drugs, alcohol, pornography, etc., but that they would stand as a generation of purified warriors for Christ.
3. Pray that families in Nebraska would see the importance of going to a Bible-believing church, not solely for spiritual enrichment, but also for the bonding with one another.
4. Declare that the spirits of divorce and suicide will not advance in Nebraska!
1. Pray for the local Church in Nebraska to not be influenced by radical, liberal ideologies, but to stand for righteousness, justice, and truth.
2. Pray for a greater measure of unity between local churches. Ask the Lord to guide them into partnering with one another to see the ending of issues such as abortion and homosexual rights.
3. Pray for pastors and church leaders to be strengthened in their positions. Pray for protection over them and their families from the hand of the enemy that would seek to make them fall into sin and division.
4. Pray that the Ekklesia in Nebraska will not be apathetic in the 2012 elections, but would seek to be informed and vote!
5. Declare that the Church in this state will rise up in its position as the governing body.
Top State Issues
1. While the economy of the state is somewhat diversified, it is still predominately based on agriculture. Good weather and timely rains are very important to the economy.
2. Family and marriage are under attack (again) with an initiative to overturn the “Defense of Marriage Act” as well as a ballot issue to amend the Lincoln city charter to give special “rights” to gays and lesbians. Both Catholics and Protestants have been mobilized by this and the HHS Contraceptive Mandate. We are seeing coalitions forming around common causes; praise the Lord.
General Election - November 6, 2012
There are 25 state legislative seats on the ballot this year, with 16 of them being incumbents. Nationally, there are 3 congressional seats and 1 senate seat being contested. The three congressional seats are currently held by Republicans. The Senate race is drawing the most national attention. It is for the seat occupied by Democrat Ben Nelson, who has decided not to run again. The candidate for the Democrats is Bob Kerrey, a former governor and senator who has been in New York for the past ten years and decided to enter the race at virtually the last minute. His opponent is a Republican conservative, Deb Fischer, a rancher and state legislator who beat out some better known candidates.
For complete list of candidates, please click here.
Current Elected Officials
Please click here to see a comprehensive listing of all of Nebraska’s candidates.
1. Father, we plead the Blood of Jesus over our leaders, and we ask You to direct their hearts and minds to make decisions that will lead us in Your ways.
2. Surround our leaders with godly counsel and insight.
3. Lord, remove from positions of authority those who oppose righteousness and refuse to perform the oath they swore to uphold and defend the Constitution.
4. Father, thank You for bringing change and reformation to the politics of America.
USRPN, Nebraska State Coordinator
Portions of this prayer guide were developed by
To download this prayer guide as a PDF document please click on the downloadable resource below.