May 24, 2013
Apr 12 - Sarah Burton
A copy of the Root 52 prayer guide for this state can be found by Clicking Here
The following prophetic word was spoken by Jeff Jansen:
“I heard the steady beat of war drums over the Midwest and saw many warring and harvesting angels being released over key states.” He then continued to say that he heard a trumpet sound as a clarion call for the church to awake and arouse herself from sleep.
This is truly a word for Indiana in this season! It’s time for God’s people in Indiana to awake and take hold of the state’s prophetic destiny!
Indiana Week of Prayer
Pray daily with us during Indiana’s week of prayer, April 23-29!
Monday, April 23rd - Business/Economy
At one point, approximately 3 years ago, Elkhart, IN was national focus as having the highest unemployment rate in the nation at 15.3% (1). Yet due to Governor Mitch Daniels fiscal policies, Indiana has remained in the black which also has brought national attention.
Pray the following scriptures: Isaiah 1:19; Malachi 3:8-12; Psalms 23; Psalms 35:27
• Repent of any disobedience in yours or your ancestors handling of finances & resources
• Thank God for His faithfulness in supplying all yours & your family’s needs
• Ask the Lord to grant you a “willing & obedient heart, mind & life”
• Praise Him as Jehovah – Jireh, “He is the Lord my provider”
• Praise Him as Jehovah – Rohi, “He is the Lord my shepherd”, & declare, therefore I do not lack
Tuesday, April 24th – Business/Economy
Proverbs 19:5; Proverbs 3:9-10; James 1:27; Psalms 146:9; Luke 12:32-34, 42-44
• Pray for Godly & skillful wisdom, knowledge & understanding & Godly counsel for our leaders & for ourselves
• Forgive us, Father, where we have been unwise & greedy & have moved jobs overseas because of our lust for the “bottom line.” We repent & ask for Your forgiveness. Give us, Lord, grateful hearts to replace our hearts of greed so that You can heal our economy.
• As of March 2012 approximately 8.8 of Indiana’s population is unemployed. (2) Pray for jobs to be created in Indiana to strengthen our economy & families.
• Ask the Lord to appoint wise business leaders to create new streams of business in Indiana
• Pray for the root causes of any corruption that keeps our economy from moving forward
Wednesday, April 25th - Government
Referring to all elected officials within our state offer thanksgiving to God for His divine overshadowing and pray “Thy Kingdom Come, Thy Will Be Done” in the 2012 national and each of the fifty states elections.
• “Every election is a kingdom election! We have the opportunity to establish leaders whose positions are on the basis of Biblical truth, virtue & character. George Washington said our constitution would endure” so long as there shall remain any virtue in the body of the people.” (3)
• Pray for candidate’s values be apparent; pray for truth to be reported in all areas of media; pray for great discernment by God’s people
• Release Blood-covered light, Blood-covered truth & Blood-covered justice & mercy
• Read & declare Isaiah 9: 6-7
Thursday, April 26th - Government
• Pray Psalms 91 over our national and state borders, over all law enforcement, homeland security, for Indiana’s national guard & all military bases
• Pray for the special task force that has been assigned to this week regarding cyber-crime corruption
• Build a wall of prayer around every polling place & booth
• Release a Blood-shield covering over each one
We ask you to join us in three days of prayer and fasting (May 7-9) surrounding our primary, which will be on May 8. Read the prayer guide here!
Friday, April 27th - Marriage & Family
• Pray for the health of our children and families
• Indiana is ranked 3rd highest in the nation for obesity. (4)
• Indiana is 2nd highest in the meth epidemic. More children are being found in homes where the labs are. (5)
• Pray for our children to be protected from this scourge
• Pray binding confusion and rebellion being released from this usage
• Pray for the addicted to be set free, saved & restored, and for the church to be more proactive in all areas of restoration for these people and their families
Saturday, April 28th - Marriage & Family
• John 2:1-11, Jesus first miracle was performed at the wedding in Cana
• Pray for a release of the miraculous to restore marriages and families to God’s original design
• Pray for ministers, counselors and judges to be filled with the love of God, great Godly wisdom and the diligence needed to bring restoration and healing to those in alternative lifestyles, broken families, those who have been affected by abortion
• Declare the Blood of Jesus has broken the power of all generational curses and ask the Lord to grant us to be covenant keepers
Sunday, April 29th - Ekklesia
Praying for the Ekklesia – Ephesians 5:23-27; Matthew 16:18
• Praise El Elyon, God Most High that He is building His Church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
• Let’s bring our repentance to the Lord and ask Him to forgive and cleanse us from all complacency, compromise, stubbornness and rebellion, unforgiveness and bitterness.
• Cry out for a true awakening in the Church; pray the Lord bring the Light of His Holy Spirit upon us.
• Pray that our repentance and awakening receive a fresh breath from heaven and be mobilized to civic activism with the goal being righteous voting prior to the elections
• Pray the Church find her voice again, get involved and take her place
• Praise God for the liberties that we have so long enjoyed and ask for His mercy, grace, renewed strength for His people to stand together and strong that our children and grandchildren receive these blessings and become the “glorious church” for which the Lord is coming.
(1) Hall, Mimi. Obama Visits Job-Starved Elkhart, Indiana. http://www.usatoday.com/money/economy/2009-02-08-elkhart_N.htm. 9 February 2009
(2) Hoosier Data. www.hoosierdata.in.gov
(3) The Washington Papers, Intercessors of America Prayer Letter, Vol.37 No.10
(4) Indiana State Department of Health. http://www.in.gov/isdh/18107.htm
(5) Indiana Methamphetamine Investigation System. http://www.in.gov/meth/
Top State Issues
1. Indiana’s Right To Work law recently passed and signed into law is being challenged in court.
Local 150 of the International Union of Operating Engineers has filed suit seeking to enjoin enforcement of the law claiming that it is both unconstitutional and pre-empted by federal labor law. Right-to-work laws prohibit provisions in union contracts which force non-member employees in unionized workplaces to pay “fair share” fees for a union’s collective bargaining efforts and representation. Indiana is the 23rd state to adopt business-friendly right-to-work legislation. (1)
2. IN HB 1014 - Health care professionals conscience clause
Provides that a health care professional may not be required to dispense a drug or medical device if the health care professional believes the drug or medical device would be used to: (1) cause an abortion; (2) destroy an unborn child; or (3) cause the death of a person by means of assisted suicide, euthanasia, or mercy killing.
3. Indiana Chief Justice of the Supreme Court Appointment
Indiana Supreme Court Chief Justice Randall T. Shepard recently announced that he would retire on March 4, 2012. There are three candidates selected by the Indiana Judicial Nominating Commission as finalists to fill the vacancy on the court. Governor Daniels has 60 days to choose one of them to fill this vacancy and then the Indiana Judicial Nominating Commission will decide who will be the new Chief Justice. (AP post, 2/23/12, 4:01 AM)
4. IN SB 0001 - Castle Doctrine Law
An Indiana House committee passed a bill that would give Hoosiers broad authority to physically resist police entry into their homes if they believe the officers are acting illegally. The legislation is meant to clarify state law in light of an Indiana Supreme Court decision last year which said Hoosiers have a limited right to resist law enforcement trying to enter their homes, even if their entry is illegal. Indiana law enforcement is strongly opposed to this law.
5. IN HB 1204 - Sex, violent offender, and sexually violent predator registry
Provides that certain sex offenders who are no longer required to register are not entitled to have their information (other than their addresses) purged from the registry. Specifies that persons who were previously required to register as sex offenders (as well as current sex offenders) are generally not permitted to restrict access to their conviction records.
6. IN SB 0183 - Sexually oriented businesses
Defines “sexually oriented business”. Prohibits the sale or use of alcohol at a sexually oriented business. Establishes certain requirements concerning persons who own a sexually oriented business, and prohibits the establishment of a sexually oriented business in certain locations. Provides that a person less than 18 years of age may not enter a sexually oriented business, prohibits an employee who is regularly in a state of semi-nudity from touching a patron, and establishes requirements concerning the design, size, furnishings, and hours of operation of a sexually oriented business. Specifies that a sexually oriented business that repeatedly violates certain requirements is an indecent nuisance and is subject to abatement in the same manner as other indecent nuisances.
(1) Wyatt Employment Law Report, John W. Woodard, Jr., Feb 28, 2012
April 9, 2012 – Voter registration closes for primary election
May 8, 2012 – Indiana Primary Election (6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.)
May 22, 2012 – Voter registration re-opens for the November 2012 general election
October 9, 2012 – Voter registration closes for general election
November 6, 2012 – Indiana General Election (6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.)
To find your polling place please click here.
To see the entire Indiana 2012 Election Schedule click here.
The following candidates will be on the ballot for Indiana’s Republican primary for President:
The following candidates will be on the ballot for Indiana’s Governor:
Mike Pence (R) - Congressman
Ex-US House GOP Conference Chair, Attorney & Ex-Radio Talk Show Host
John Gregg (D) - Ex-State House Speaker
Ex-Vincennes University President & Attorney
Rupert Boneham (Libertarian)
Non-Profit Group Founder & Ex-CBS Survivor Show Contestant
The following candidates will be on the ballot for Indiana’s Republican primary for US Senator:
Current Elected Officials
Governor - Mitch Daniels
Lt. Gov - Becky Skillman
Secretary of State - Jerold A. Bonnet
Indiana Auditor of State - Tim Berry
State Superintendent of Public Instruction - Dr.Tony Bennett
Treasurer of State - Richard Mourdock
For all other elected officials for state, county, township, municipal, and school positions please visit the listed look-up service here and enter your street address, city, and zip code.
Prayer Points for Indiana’s Current Elected Officials
-Pray protection, wisdom, and favor over all of Indiana’s elected officials as they govern the state. (1 Timothy 2:1-2)
-Pray for the families of the elected officials in Indiana, and ask the Lord to strengthen their familial relationships. (Ephesians 4:2-3)
-For officials who aren’t Christ followers, pray that the Lord would reveal Himself and His love to them, and cause them to seek His face. (1 Timothy 2:3-4)
-Pray for all possible corruption within the hearts of these political leaders to be exposed, with subsequent repentance and reconciliation to their Creator. (Romans 8:21)
-Pray for these leaders to see the value in biblical principles, and would lead from a biblical worldview. (Proverbs 28:2)
USRPN, Indiana State Coordinator
To download this prayer guide as a PDF document please click on the downloadable resource below.