June 19, 2013
Oct 08 - Cindy Jacobs
“May the praise of God be in their mouths and a double-edged sword in their hands.” Psalm 149:6
The Father is calling His Church to a place of intimacy with Him where He can confide truth and strategy that will shift the things keeping nations from recognizing, honoring and glorifying His Kingship. As we pray in this manner, we become a “sharp, cutting instrument” and remain on the cutting edge of what is occurring in the heavenlies.
Webster defines cutting edge as “the effective or decisive element; the leading or most important position; forefront; the part of the army that goes ahead of the main body; the leading position in a field of endeavor.”
Entire people groups are held captive until the Church takes its rightful God-called position on the cutting edge of battle. This is the position that will produce harvest.
R. Arthur Matthews, a leader in Overseas Missionary Fellowship in China during the time of revival, states in the book Born for Battle:
Prayer is the cutting edge of any work for God. It is not a supplemental spiritual rocket to get some well-meaning effort off of the ground. Prayer is the work and working power of any spiritual ministry. Considering the importance God attaches to prayer for the carrying out of His purposes on earth, we must be alert and sensitive to common habits and tendencies that impair the effectiveness and blunt the cutting edge of our praying. Prayers that have blunted edges have no power of penetration, so may not get through to the Throne.
There are many cutting edge ministries today. It is critical for those who are called of God in this end-time war for the souls of humanity to recognize the enemy’s schemes. Unfortunately, many do not know the strategies of Satan until they are in the thick of battle. If we are to reach the world for Christ, we must anticipate where the enemy will try to strike, strengthen the weak places in our lives and ministries and put a stop to the devastation of the enemy.
Over the years, Generals International has received numbers of prayer requests from cutting edge ministries. As we intercede, we have discerned patterns and similarities in the strategy used by the enemy against ministries and the Church. Here are a few we have identified.
1. Ambush: The enemy seems adept at understanding the direction being taken by the Church to advance the Lord’s Kingdom. He then sends an ambush to thwart this advancement. He delights in catching us by surprise, so he lulls us into comfort. For a season he “backs off” until we get complacent, and then he strikes again.
Strategy to prevent ambush:
- Stay on guard.
- Keep watchmen posted (people who are partnered with you and your ministry specifically to pray over it).
- Don’t relax in the day of battle.
- Listen for prophetic warnings.
2. Discouragement: Satan tries to overwhelm the soul. One aspect of this scheme of the enemy is to cause your closest friends to believe the unbelievable.
Strategy to battle discouragement:
- Keep your eyes on Jesus.
- Bind the power of the accuser of the brethren.
- Reflect the truth of the vision and call of God on your life.
- Live a life of praise.
3. Harassment: The enemy sends his snipers out against you to cause equipment to break down, sickness, financial loss, etc.
Strategy to battle harassment:
- Cover your office and equipment with the blood of Jesus.
- Pray Psalm 91 out loud.
- Bind Satan from harassing you.
4. Communication Jams: Misunderstanding orders can be deadly in the heat of battle. It pays to make sure you’ve understood the Lord’s instructions and what others in the army are trying to communicate. Satan distorts communication to cause front-liners to fight amongst themselves.
Strategy to battle miscommunication:
- Don’t assume you understand orders. When in doubt, double-check and clarify.
- Be conscious of the Lord’s revealing of a break-down in communication.
- Bind Satan from causing miscommunications. Pray that any blockages he has set up will be destroyed.
- Take time to maintain relationships with staff, friends and fellow soldiers.
5. Weariness: The enemy attacks with a supernatural physical weariness as well as weariness of spirit beyond what is normal.
Strategy to battle weariness:
- Bind a spirit of weariness.
- Ask the Lord for His strength.
- Seek the Lord for any presumptions in your life.
- Maintain intimacy with God which refreshes your spirit.
As stated in Amos 3:7, “Surely the Lord does nothing, unless He reveals His secrets to His servants the prophets.” May we tune our ears, listen carefully and hear what the Father is saying to His people. This communion allows God’s people to have His plan and stay on the cutting edge of victory.