April 21, 2014
Feb 03 - Gloria CampmanDownloadable Resources
February 4, 2012
Clark County Republican Party Caucus
Clark County is a key county to return our government back to its Constitutional representation. Clark has about 2/3 of the voters in Nevada, so our participation is vital in working on candidates’ campaigns to make Nevada a success story.
http://www.ccrp2012caucus.org/pages/1574853/How-to-Locate-Your-Precinct—Caucus-Location.aspx to locate precinct number and caucus location. This is the official source for information about the 2012 Clark County Republican Party Caucus.
How does the Nevada Caucus work?
As most caucuses work, you do not directly vote for a candidate like primaries. The caucus has 3 levels: the precinct, the county convention, and finally the state convention.
The Nevada Caucus Process
The word ‘caucus’ means ‘getting together to discuss’. That is what our basic caucus processes are all about. There are four parts to this presidential election year:
1. The Presidential Preference Poll to vote for your preference for the Republican Presidential candidate of your choice
2. Vote for the people from your precinct who will represent your precinct as delegates to the Clark County Republican Party (CCRP) Convention.
3. You will have the opportunity to say what you think should be a part of the CCRP Platform.
4. You will become informed about how to be an active part of shaping the CCRP and its future. You will do all of these things by participating in your precinct meeting at your caucus site.
Nevada has 34 Republican delegates and 33 Democratic delegates.
The CCRP Platform
The platform is a statement by the CCRP about what principles and values the county party represents and what stands the CCRP will support on the issues facing us as a party.
In the precinct meeting, you will have the opportunity to fill out a suggestion form as to what the CCRP platform should contain. As a delegate to the CCRP convention, you will discuss the proposed platform and vote on its contents. The platform is then a guide to the CCRP’s positions for the next two years. It is also passed to the state Republican Party along with the other county platforms for inclusion in the state party platform. The state platforms are then reviewed at the national party level. Please clickhttp://www.docstoc.com/docs/27389802/Clark-County-Republican-Party-2008-Platform for reference to the 2008 CCRP platform.
On Friday, February 3, 2012, 7pm – 8:30pm, there will be a Pray for America prayer meeting at International Church of Las Vegas (ICLV) hosted by Pastor Paul Goulet. Many local leaders and media are expected to be attending. Also, Newt Gingrich has confirmed his attendance at the prayer meeting.
1. Pray that believers will be alert to the February 4th date and attend their precinct caucuses to intercede.
2. Pray that people will bring a voice of righteousness into the caucus discussions.
3. Pray for the caucus discussions to bring all truth to the forefront and for wisdom and guidance in crafting the CCRP’s state platform.
4. Pray for all precinct officers to conduct the caucus meetings with integrity.
5. Pray for the will of the Father to be known.
6. We pray His Kingdom come, His will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.
7. Pray that God’s choice for delegates and alternates will be elected in every Nevada Precinct.
To download this prayer guide as a PDF document, please click on the downloadable resource below.